Friday, 19 March 2010

WEEK 1 OF 6 - meeting of the minds

Right where to start, this the first post of my Lincoln Asylum blog that is going to follow the exploits and post the work of My 3 years on the BA Animation Course at Lincoln University.

I've been working on a 20 second Ident for Lincoln University about a detective that has lost his magnifying glass, i started with a very rough storyboard and then character design.






























First day of group work, my animatic '
Lost Equipment' <--- (link to the video) was chosen to be made out of the three of us in the group. Myself, Jo and Ross.

We've divided the work up between us with Jo aka Spinky (animator) doing the animation because of his talent and smooth style, me working on background layout and generally being 'director' while Ross (Art Dec) is working on the more intricate elements of the layout and seeing what he can do about sound. He's very musical.
I'm looking forward to working as part of a team but I'm quite apprehensive at the same time, I've worked in teams before and ended up doing everything but i guess in this case i trust the guys I'm working with to pull their weight. lets hope I'm right....

Art Dec seems perfectly fine with everything and will voice an opinion if theres problem, we work in very similar ways with similar styles so that's OK.

I'm a little more worried about animator because i know he would of preferred to work on his own animatic, our styles are very different, he's very independent and quite happy to get on with it. I like to keep everyone together and discussing so i think i need to make the effort to keep an eye on what he's doing so that we're all collaborating well and consulting each other on decisions we make within the Ident, especially if it is going to affect the ascetics of the final outcome.

So apart from a few first day jitters, we've talked and everything seems to of got of to a good start. I need to work on my backgrounds over the weekend while I'm at home and watch some more Sherlock Holmes (The Granada television with Jeremy Brett)so i can look at the sets of the rooms. Finally my Kubrick collection needs a re-watch.

think thats me done for today.

~Peace Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment